Meet the Doctors
Dr. David L Pollack is the owner and Director of Clinical Services for the Pollack Wellness Institute & Weight Loss Center (Formerly Creating Wellness Center of Commack.). He has been voted by LI Press as “#1 Alternative Doctor, #1 Nutritionist, & Best Chiropractor in Long Island” 2010-2014. Dr. Pollack specializes in the practice of physical rehabilitation, herbal & nutritional medicine, and stress management. He has extensive experience in assisting in the healing of digestive disorders (reflux, bowel issues, colitis, loose stools, etc), joint and muscle pain, headaches, hormone imbalances, auto-immune conditions, and many other common health concerns through practice as a chiropractor combined with techniques such as acupuncture and nutritionist-led diet changes. He has published articles in many periodicals and frequently lectures at corporations and organizations across Long Island. His goal is to help as many people as he can to reach optimal health and avoid the “sick-care” system. Dr. Pollack is a Doctor of Chiropractic with certifications in a multitude of treatments and techniques that also include acupuncture. He is a graduate of Tufts University and has attended Columbia University. Currently, he is expanding his expertise with a Masters in Acupuncture (2014).
- Best Of Long Island – Long Island Press:
- Best of the Best – 2012-2016
- Holistic Wellness Center – 1st Place 2009-2014
- Alternative Doctor – 1st Place 2010-2014
- Nutritionist – 1st Place 2010-2014 (2nd 2012)
- Weight Loss Center – 1st Place 2011-2014
- Chiropractor – 2nd Place 20xx-2014
- Allergist – 1st Place 2013
- Best Lecturer / Motivational Speaker – Action Long Island 2nd Wellness Challenge
- Citation for Public Service 2011 – Nassau County Legislature
- Doctor of Chiropractic 2007 – New York Chiropractic College
- Masters of Science, Cum Laude, Acupuncture 2014 – New York College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Bachelors of Arts 2002 – Tufts University
- Certified Advanced Holistic Digestive Health Specialist – Loomis Institute
- Nimmo Technique – Nimmo Inc
- Applied Kinesiology Certified – International College of Applied Kinesiologists
- Diagnosis and Management of Extremity Conditions – Dale Buchberger Seminars
Dr. Tursi is a resident of Long Island currently practicing Holistic Medicine in both Plainview and Commack. She is affiliated with the Pollack Wellness Institute, who for 15 plus years has been providing the most successful care to those looking for treatment of autoimmune conditions, hormone balancing, infertility and gastrointestinal disorders.
Unlike conventional medicine that places emphasis on patient symptoms and uses medication to treat, Dr. Tursi believes that symptoms are merely signs the body is expressing it needs support. Dr. Tursi uses Enzyme Replacement Therapy, Nutritional medicine, IV Therapy and Acupuncture to encourage the body to heal from within. Conditions that have had tremendous success with these therapies include Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Crohn’s, Colits, Viral infections, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hormone imbalance and many more.